About Dream On
Dream On is designed for dream enthusiasts who wish to document their dreams, broaden their perspectives, and effortlessly decipher their meanings. Our aim is to establish an inclusive platform for dream trackers, enabling them to reduce anxiety and enhance self-awareness.
Solo UI/UX Designer, Visual Designer
Led end-to-end app UI/UX design.
How might we create a solution to help dream trackers increase self-awareness, reduce stress and successfully process emotions?
UI Dashboard: Homepage
You can easily record, track, and analyze your dreams.
Dream On with other dream catchers and share your own dream interpretations.
Talk with a dream expert about your dream patterns and find solutions to unhealthy behaviors caused by nightmares.
Record Your Dream
Easily input your new dreams to improve dream recall.
Data and insights on secondary research
I took a look at relevant data and insights about people and their needs relating to their habit of recording dreams, analyzing their dreams, what they want to learn about their dreams and how this help them cope with stress and anxiety issues.
- • Record vocal notes for dreams.
- • Set reality checks to check if one’s dreaming.
- • Share dreams to the community.
- • Personalization - view common themes with a graph.
- • No recommended resources based on dream catchers’ preferences.
- • Can not directly communicate with other dream catchers.
- • Can not make appointments with a dream therapist.
- • No customization - cannot relocate attributes.
- Currently, there is no desktop version of the dashboard showing data that is tailored to dream catchers’ specific needs and goals.
1. Multiple tools for keeping and tracking their dreams such as dream journal.
2. Resources such as dream interpretations, symbols and meanings.
3. Analysis of recorded dreams by category.
4. Schedule a session with a therapist.
TARGET USER + DASHBOARD DATA
My Target Audience
Potential Dashboard Data:
- 18 - 36 years old
- College students & working professionals
- Busy students who have high stress
- Individuals with sleeping disorder
- Analysis of dream by category
- A frequency of recurrent dreams
- Dream therapy resources
- Scheduling session with a therapist
- Dream community
What I learned
Initially, I focused more on the aesthetics before addressing the data and hierarchy. It is important to consider removing any elements that do not provide useful information, such as decorations. By using the data and insights collected through research, I was able to create a dashboard that displays actionable and relevant information. After multiple rounds of feedback, iteration, and usability testing, I am pleased with how my project has turned out.